Our spring break hasn't even arrived yet, and it's been "spent" several times over. Somehow, without benefit of a warp in the space-time continuum, we are supposed to :
- Do our taxes (I know, I know);
- Go to Kansas City for writer's workhop (yay);
- Go to St. Louis for two nights for another writer's workshop (yay) this time taking the fam along to do zoo/museum/hotel pool/restaurant/arch things on the side;
- Hook up with family 1 for lazy afternoon of games, letting the kids play and generally run amok;
- Spend a day or two in PJs (because how else will we know it's a break?);
- Get one day at work each;
- Plant a garden;
- Paint the MIL's porch;
- Reorganize, declutter, and generally "spring clean" the joint;
- Take the kids bike riding...
You get the idea. Daughter wrote her own list last night after baths. It said:
Snow cones [I wasn't going to tell her NOT to use the "w" now, was I?].
I prefer her list. We still get a garden started, but no tax return to do, and we don't have to go to work at all.