Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I do! I do!

Hearts to student group who asked, sincerely, if "I have a favorite font." I do! And just asking shows that you know your audience, at least, and that all fonts were not created equal, and that these "nit picky details" are what makes Technical and Professional Writing so interesting. And that I've seen so much Times New Roman default in my life that it brings me out in hives.

And so, if your paper is in Garamond, you will earn extra credit, or at least goodwill-while-grading, which often amounts to the same thing.

2 comments:

  1. Me too, me too! That is, I too prefer Garamond above all others!

    And I hate that MS Word replaced TNR and Arial with Cambria and Calibri. Grrr.

    -- Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison: Of course! I didn't know that about you, but it fits!

    ReplyDelete