Thursday, May 5, 2011

How Investigative Journalists are Created

Herewith, some highlights of the conversation that began with Son saying: Mom. I have to interview someone in the family for a school project, and I choose you.


  • Can you spell that? Actually, can you write it out?

  • Okay, (stroking imaginary beard), are there any other examples you'd like to give?

  • Wow. that IS an interesting detail. Are you done, or do you have more?

  • About you, Mom. Not the country. It's an interview about a person, not a place.

  • I'm practicing my note-taking skills.

  • Oh, man! I put "cats" under "talents" instead of "likes"!

  • Why is "mothering" a talent?

  • I can put "plump"? really? you don't mind that?

1 comment:

  1. He puts your feel to interrogative fire AND he gives you final approval. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete